Sunday, March 27, 2011

Jealous

I'm jealous of Shel Silverstein. I'm jealous that one person could be creative enough to come up with an entire BOOK full of poems that people actually want to buy. I'm jealous that he can make poetry so simple and understandable yet so lovable. I'm jealous of his poem "Sick". My favorite kind of poetry is stuff that rhymes. I love rhyming. I just think there's such a flow to it and it's so easy to read no matter what age or how smart you are. I like the stories in his poetry. In sick the idea of a child trying to fool her parents that she's too sick to do anything, if it's school related or something the child doesn't necessarily love. But the second it is something she wants to do, like play on Saturday, little Peggy Ann McKay is just fine. We an all relate to this. Especially when I was younger I would pull this all the time. Even now sometimes on sunday with church.. and then after I don't go and I want to play with a friend, I'm miraculously healed ;)
I love poetry, and wish i was better at it.
So any poet, like Shel that has many of his poems published.. makes me jealous!

2 comments:

  1. Shel Silverstein is one of my favorites! Its crazy that every one of his poems are creative and different when there are so many. I'm jealous of him too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. but if other people could write like him his poetry would not be as significant.

    ReplyDelete