Monday, February 21, 2011

Boulevard of Broken Dreams

I walk alone I walk alone
I feel like I just washed up on the shore of an uncharted island where every single person speaks a different language, but they all understand each other. Or like i'm constantly at a nail salon where the asians doing your toes are all laughing and looking at you. I always feel embarrassed and confused. I feel like everyone knows where they're going and what they want to be and I don't have any idea.
I walk alone I walk alone
In a sea of people there's only me that doesn't know what they want to be
and those who say they understand how I feel are just doing their job and being sympathetic. No one is real, no one says what they want to say or acts the way they really feel. Everyone puts on a show. And since they do, I do too.
I walk alone I walk alone.

4 comments:

  1. Most people are fake and only act like they know what they're doing. Just keep doing what your doing and be real.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's real people out there. There is real people everywhere. Just gotta find em

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your last paragraph really hit me. I don't know if it's because I relate to it. Or because I am listening to some soft alternative music that already makes me question life. I am going to go with the first option. Because that's the goal of a writer. To portray and express yourself in such a vulnerable way that other can relate. I really liked it. Excellent.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like the"I feel like everyone knows where they're going and what they want to be and I don't have any idea." part. It feels, to me, as if everyone else is perfect, and I am the only one that sucks.

    ReplyDelete